Features and benefits
• Microprocessor control with diagnostics and
lightweight, compact design.
• Gasoline or LP fueled.
• Quietest generator sets of their size.
• Easy maintenance with single-side service.
• Completely enclosed with muffler, quick and
easy to install.
• 3-year limited warranty.
• Low fuel consumption.
Weight, size and sound level
Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
Size: Length 22 in (560 mm), width 16.3 in
(415 mm), height 12.8 in (325 mm)
Sound: 70 dB(A) readings at 10 ft (3 m) half load
• Meets National Park Service sound level requirements
(60 dB(A) @ 50 ft) for use in national parks.
• Typical installation will further reduce sound level.
• Cummins Onan sound-attenuating enclosure
• Focalized mounting system with vibration isolators
• Cross-flow cooling
• Sheet steel drip controlling base
• Enclosed muffler
• Integral USDA Forest Service approved spark arrestor
• Adjustable mechanical governor
• Automatic choke
• Overhead cam
• Single-side service
• Low oil level shutdown
• Electric fuel pump (gasoline); electric solenoid (LP)
• Mounted control panel
• Sealed remote start connector
• Electric start
• Fused DC circuits to protect set wiring and remote
• Magnetic circuit breaker
• 50 in (1.3 m) generator set output leads
• Solid-state ignition
• Standard onboard diagnostic capability
Model: EX 21
Design: 4-cycle, single cylinder, OHC
Displacement: 13.2 in3
Compression ratio: 8.5:1
Power: 7.0 bhp (max) at 3600 r/min
Cooling: Pressurized air
Cooling air volume: Includes engine cooling air
60 Hz: 300 ft3/m (8.5 m3/min) at 3600 r/min
50 Hz: 250 ft3/m (7.1 m3/min) at 3000 r/min
Fuel system: (Gasoline) electric fuel pump, fuel lift 3 ft
(914 mm); (LP) electric fuel solenoid; automatic choke
60 Hz: 12.5 ft3/m (0.35 m3/min) at 3600 r/min
50 Hz: 10.4 ft3/m (0.3 m3/min) at 3000 r/min
Ignition system: Breakerless, electronic
Starting system: Remote, 12 V, 3-wire negative
ground; start-stop rocker switch on control; connector for
remote start cable
Lubrication: Splash lubrication
Oil capacity: 0.6 qt (0.63 L)
Cylinder crankcase: Alloy aluminum with iron cylinder
liner cast into the block
Oil base: Aluminum
Cylinder head: Alloy aluminum, removable